Saturday 30 March 2019

Life As a Freelancer


PP3 Life As A Freelancer

What are your concerns : 

My concerns are not being able to bring in enough income for it to be a sustainable job. 
Juggling free lance with a part time job could crush motive or inspiration to work on it
Not being payed enough for a job or a late payment could be demotivating

Not being confident enough to ask for work when I hit a low point 

Having to pay for resources and them not being covered

Working for companies that I might not agree with or on projects that I don’t have much excitement with for the pay check 

What is the shape of your working day/week : 

I usually work on serious briefs juggling more than one from Monday to Friday 
Doing more than one project at the same time is useful for me as I can get bored.
At the weekend I would do more fun work for myself such as fill sketchbooks with future ideas
These ideas can be developed to fit a brief later.
I always like to allow myself with one day of new experimentation too 
This helps motivation in my work and practice





What are your strengths – practical skills/ management / people skills etc:

I have very good social skills and communication skills this helps with collaboration and team work
I am confident so I can communicate my ideas without being too nervous
I am very quick with ideas and can immediately get them down in some sort of way with immediate quick work.
I am very experimental with my work and like to keep changing my style to keep it original and fresh
I have good knowledge in practical skills both analogue and digital




What do you feel you need to develop :

I need to develop my management and organisation of things better 
I need to be more confident in contacting random people that I haven’t met for advice and potential work
Become less defeated by motivation when I am unmotivated my ideas and work can lack this could be difficult when being a freelancer






Networking : identify and contact a minimum of 10 people who will potentially be useful to you in the future:

Publishers
Advertisers 
Agents 
Illustrators
No brow press
It’s nice that 
Anorak 
Creative directors 
Exhibitions 
Museums (Mima boro)


Where are you going to be working and what do you need to buy / prepare for a future career:
Potentially at home 
I need buy a scanner and more technology based items as I work mainly analogue and I already feel well stocked in stationary.
I also need to find a print studio to potentially work in

No comments:

Post a Comment