Thursday 28 March 2019

Website: simonturnerillustration.com

Here is a link to my website:
https://simonturnerillustration.com/Home-1

Making this website was one of the most confusing parts of this degree. It was like being thrown into a big pond of coding and web builders, which all felt like they didn't do the things you wished they did. In the end i used the web builder Cargo Collective this made it easy to give your website a trendy look. However it still felt like a horrible website builder to navigate around. I feel like though my website communicates my projects and work well with clear text. I spent a lot of time working on a correct layout and font colours as i felt like this was important with a website presentation wise and naivigation. I wanted it to feel easy to scroll through showing all my different elements of my work.
I still need to develop on the other pages other then my drawings and prints one (https://simonturnerillustration.com/) as the content is mainly strong on this. Which isn't a problem as this is my illustrations however, i want to bring forth my more experimental projects. I would also like to work more on the navigation of my website so more people visiting get interested in some of the stranger projects on my website such as my cakes.
I made sure the URL was simon turner illustration as i learnt a while ago the alga rhythm on searches is more likely to be your name plus illustration then something strange such as Example: Simondoingdrawings.com ( however this would of been a much cheaper domain name overall.)
This website was a struggle and drove me up all the walls however it feels satisfying to have a professional place to exhibit myself and my work other then casual forms such as social media. Now if clients as for my work i have a website to send them that i do feel semi proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment