Wednesday 12 October 2016

Observational Drawing from memory


This is my first drawing from memory at this point i only remember specific features like her big wonky eyes and double chin. My memory isn't the best so i only worked off a few features but i think this allowed me to create a
drawing in a style that's different then if i was working from the image directly as i had to imagine and guess proportions.

I started to remember a lot more features by this point however i was still finding it difficult to put together her face the same
way that it is in the photograph.




This was my last one which i added some shading and tone to but after a few drawings
i still couldn't get her looking close to the photo. I think that was partly down to her being at an uncomfortable drawing angle but overall, i think this gave my ink drawings an interesting style that i could only of achieved through my bad memory. 
here is a drawing based of a photograph in front of me. I went straight in with ink to create this image
which is something i would definitely attempt again i think it gives the drawing a more loose look
and gives a more look of my representation of the photo instead of looking like i tried to duplicate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment