Thursday 28 March 2019

Business Cards & Physical presence

For an event such as Hanbury when i was exposed to so many people in the industry I felt like it was important to begin to make business cards. This is something in the past i haven't done well getting right and this time wasn't much different however i do think they have developed since my last effort.
This time i thought it would be a nice touch to screen print them.
I wasn't sure what to include on it to best represent me so i thought it would go with my work aesthetic to just use the word "business card" as the main image as a sort of meta joke and naive humour to kinda show off my humour to potential employees. I do think a better joke could of been put into place and i will work hard on writing that However, from handing it out people understand the humour and in most cases the joke has landed.
 

I Tried screen printing and self writing the information on the back but both of these methods don't give it a professional look and i think it will be much better to type this info up in future as it's both easy to read and clean cut which people in suits usually favour. I should watch American Psycho for more experience and maybe even think about splashing out on some gold leaf text.
At Hanbury it was much more effective to hand these business cards personally instead of them just sitting here. It felt like a nice way to give your details out after a conversation with someone in the industry and hopefully it will look nice enough for someone to end up contacting me.
I also handed out a5 original drawings as a personal touch to potential contacts. People thought it was silly for me to hang out originals but they where silly ideas and small visual jokes that didn't mean much to me giving them away. I don't think this is something I will be doing often to be honest. It's a nice quick way to give a potential client some work though to represent the immediacy of my humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment