Sunday 14 May 2017

Evaluation


I have never found it easy analyzing myself it’s always been a struggle of mine to reflect on what I’m doing and pull out reasons as to why I do work. Towards the end of this module things started to make sense to me but the process of making the final elements of work have been more confusing to me more than any other module. I think this is evident in some of my earlier blog posts as I compare my work to pieces that don’t really relate to well to my work. I do feel like I have benefited from ppp more than a lot of the others as it has given me a big realization to why I like to make work, which was never too obvious to me before.
I had high hopes for my final poster and presentation which put a lot of pressure on myself. Throughout trying to create both I was focusing way too much on the humour of it all but I was struggling to find most of what I was doing funny. This made me doubt my jokes and work all together. I ended up realizing that I think the main reason why I like to produce the work I do is mainly to just make something fun for me and hopefully for other people, I do this by trying to push playful ways to make work and through playful ideas. I still try and keep an element of wit in my work in the hope that maybe that will make someone laugh.

Overall, when it comes to making work though PPP made me comprehend that my work is entertaining because my images are never to complex or doesn’t contend a high level of image making. It’s made me take pride that my messy, playful and at times child like work doesn’t need to be complex or advance to make an entertaining image. It’s more about the craft of it that makes it funny or entertaining.

I think it has also made me realize there are plenty of different ways to get my practice and image making across and this is something I really want to experiment further with. Eventually I would like to take my way of working and see how it reflects in the form of maybe a film or in a 3d form such as a sculpture. This is something I realized when visiting the sculpture park is that I shouldn’t narrow my work down to just drawing because I would love to produce what I do in a large 3d format.

Reflecting on this year has made me feel a lot more confident in what I do, there where lots of times this year where I have doubted what I do and failed to see if it’s actually any good but PPP has made me a lot more engaged in my work and made me a lot more self aware on the way I approach briefs and elements of my ideas that work better than others this will defiantly help me with next year and any future briefs.





















No comments:

Post a Comment